Background

Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break is finally here....

Have you ever felt like singing from the rooftops, jumping up for joy, walking with a skip in your step. Well today I officially feel like that. Why? You may ask. Well...

SPRING BREAK is finally here. I have never been so excited to have a week away from work and I'm so glad that I can have time away from my wonderful students. I'm pretty sure that spring break is for teachers and teachers only. I have so much planned, but I want to sit on my couch and do nothing. SO... here is the plan.

Monday: Sit around, run to the dry cleaners, work out, blog, find home decor that I might want to purchase in Canton (starting early)
Tuesday: work out, sit around, read, then dinner at the Blowey's
Wednesday: work out, sit around, rodeo with the hubby
Thursday: work out, museums, rodeo with the hubby
Friday: shopping around, hanging out with friends.
Saturday: St. Patty's party at Whit's.
Sunday: the last day and then back to the daily grind.

What are the top 5 things you are looking forward to this week?
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM

My bff came into town Friday and we spent all weekend hanging out like old times... It was amazing. I miss her so much :(... Anyways, Friday night we went out to eat at Toro (my favorite little japanese restaurant) and had wine (it was the bomb dot com) and lots of food. It was wonderful, now I just need to see pictures because I have officially dubbed myself the worst camera picture person ever. I always forget that I have a camera and then when I have it I forget that I have a camera, so I miss the moment. Anyways after Friday we went to get our nails done and that was awesome and I forgot how much I loved having my nails done. (Reminder that I have to do that more often). We then traveled to Katy mills and she made me spend money. I blame her for the wonderful things that I now have hanging in my closet. We definitely had a shopoholic moment on Saturday and then I realized that I had to come back to the real world and save money. Boo! Then we had pizza night, wine, and ice cream. Watched Step it Up 2 which I had never seen and I loved it. I know am inspired to take lessons and make my own crew and try out for ABDC 3. So that was my weekend in a nutt shell. I had a great time and loved seeing my bff again. She is awesome.

Sunday night we had small group bible study and we started this new bible study called Ignite: Redefining and Purifying your Faith. The just of the bible study is to explore the faith giants of the bible and then explore how to have the faith that they had at that time.

The first session was titled: What Floats your Boat? Listening to God. The story of Noah. The funny thing about Noah is that not only was he (and his family) the only human survivors of the flood but that he tends to have this magical story. "Sometimes we forget that being a Christ-follower means jost that: following. We take the first stpe and then we just sit there wondering why we don't have apassion and victory in our spirtual lives." (pg. 6) Noah is a following and the only person he followed was God. God said turn one way and he did, do this and he did. He must have looked like a crazy fool. Anyways I have discovered, like the book says, that we are trained to her the sounds that matter the most to you. It is crazy to think about it! I really only hear the sounds that I have trained myself to hear. So how do I really listen? This is the question, I have to really stop myself and think about.

2 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

Glad you are taking a little time to "sit around". I know we all deserve a little time to relax. Have fun!

Mountain Fam said...

Miss you too! I'll send you some pictures soon. I did good at Toro...then I failed at the rest of it....

Love ya!