Background

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One Year Ago...

I can't believe that one year ago...

Josh said "I do" (best day of life so far),
I moved to Houston,
Started my teaching career,
did not have many friends in H~town.

As of today...

Josh and I have been married for a year! (as WaMu says WooHoo!!!!),
We are looking for a house in Houston,
I'm now the new team leader for my grade level, subject. (thank you for this opprotunity)
I am making more and more friends every month.


It is crazy to reflect on where you came from and how far you've gone in a year. Sometimes I often forget to thank God for the small things until I'm given time to reflect. Yesterday, July 28th, was my one year anniversary. Josh and I had gone to San Antonio at the beginning of July for our one year anniversary trip. San Antonio was amazing we stayed at the Hyatt on the riverwalk. Our room overlooked the Alamo, which to me is very exciting because I'm a huge history buff (that's what I teach). We walked along and ate at the riverwalk. We got to go to Sea World which was amazing, Josh loved the dolphin show (do not let him tell you otherwise.) We went to Gruene, TX and saw where George Strait did his thing at Gruene Hall.
So last night we celebrated our actual anniversary by going out to eat. We were going to do the fancy thing and eat at Showgun's but decided at the last moment we wanted Kahlua Ice Cream Cake and ate at On the Border instead. It was a wonderful anniversary.

Please pray that I can keep my feet on the ground this school year and not be overwhelmed!

No comments: